Sky Obscured with Haze ~
Feels like: 18°F
Wednesday, Dec. 11, 2013
Ronald Reagan, a Tribute on His 100th BirthdayPosted Thursday, February 3, 2011, at 5:44 PM
February 6th is the 100th birthday of our 40th President Ronald Wilson Reagan. In my opinion, he is one of the greatest presidents of the 20th century. My opinion of Reagan is biased because it is based on my ideological perspective.
What impresses me most, is Reagan's faith. Two other great presidents are also well known for their faith in the midst of crisis, George Washington and Abraham Lincoln. So, while Reagan's accomplishments and economic policies were successful, his faith in God and reliance on God's strength made him the statesman he was.
1. President Ronald Reagan believed that America was a Christian nation and that religion and morality were the pillars of good government. He quoted George Washington's memorable aphorism that they are "indispensable supports to political prosperity" and used that quote many times in speeches.
2. President Reagan believed the Bible was the basis upon which our nation was founded. Note the following proclamation President Reagan made on February 3, 1983 as the Year of the Bible: http://www.reagan.utexas.edu/archives/sp... In fact, Reagan signed Public Law 97-280, declaring the Bible to be the law of the land. http://www.criminalgovernment.com/docs/p... In 1984, at the National Religious Broadcasters Convention, he said, "1983 was the year more of us read the Good Book. Can we make a resolution here today: that 1984 will be the year we put its great truths into action?" Reagan used the Bible for many of his decisions on public policy.
3. President Reagan was a man of prayer. His faith in the power of prayer and its necessity in public life are seen in many of his speeches, and note especially: http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.... In 1988, Reagan signed Public Law 97-100, designating the first Thursday in May as the annual observance for the National Day of Prayer. He also believed that voluntary prayer should be allowed in public school. On May 17, 1982, President Reagan proposed a Constitutional amendment allowing for school prayer. Note his radio address to the nation February 25, 1984: http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index....
4. President Reagan was pro-life, believing in the sanctity of human life beginning at conception. Note the following websites:
While president, Reagan would meet with, in person or by phone, those participating in the National Right to Life annual march in Washington D.C. on the anniversry of Roe v Wade.
Well, President Ronald Reagan was a man of much faith. He was human so he made mistakes, but his faith helped guide him through both terms as president. His faith helped him make that famous quote by the Berlin Wall, "Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" I have the Reagan Diaries which give the inner thoughts of this statesman, hated by liberals, mocked and ridiculed by opponents, and loved by Americans. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Mr. President!
Showing most recent comments first
[Show in chronological order instead]
- Blog RSS feed
- Comments RSS feed
- Send email to Richard D. Swift
My wife Susan (Sue) and I have lived in Soddard County since September of '96. We both graduated from Bible Missionary Institute, our denomination's small four year Bible college in Rock Island, Illinois. I was born and raised in Pomona, California while my wife was raised in Monmouth, Illinois. I am an ordained minister in the Bible Missionary Church. We attend and are members of the Dexter Bible Missionary Church. I've been employed by Tyson Foods for 14 years. My wife is a CNA. I've always been conservative in my political views and have always been active in politics and the Pro-Life movement. My politics have not always been Republican. From 2003-2009 I was vice-chairman of the Prohibition National Committee, the steering arm of the Prohibition Party. In '09, I joined the Constitution Party of Missouri. But, I've been attending the GOP rallys and club meetings since last year and have been campaigning for certain Republican candidates since we moved to this area. I'm on the SEMO Life Chain Committee.
Hot topicsEarthen Vessels
(0 ~ 3:10 PM, Aug 15)
A Different Zimmerman
The Prodigal Son and Rules for Training a Child in the Way He Should Go
Thirty Years Ago/A Testimony of God's Providence
Three Words That Changed the World