Fair with Haze ~
High: 65°F ~ Low: 41°F
Monday, Mar. 10, 2014
What Ought To Be Prohibited in 2012! (Besides Alcohol, Tobacco, and Illegal Drugs)Posted Thursday, January 12, 2012, at 4:15 PM
In the past few days, one our fine Prohibition Party supporters has been calling for Prohibitionists to "Promote Prohibition." So this blog entry is doing just that! Here is a list of things that ought to be prohibited in 2012. You will probably not hear any of the Democratic or Republican candidates running for president addressing these issues by calling for "prohibition"! So here goes!
We'll start with economic/jobs issues since that's on everybody's mind, and I don't want to start with moral or social issues.
We ought to Prohibit:
1. Deficit spending by the Federal Government. Stop borrowing/taxing and spending what we don't have! We can add the National Debt here! Erase it with the Jubilee Principle!
2. Usury. In reality, this could be called a moral issue since the Bible clearly calls usury (charging interest on loans) wrong!
3. Giving "most favored nation trade status" to countries like China that have a long history of human rights violations.
4. Allowing China to tax our goods going into their country without taxing goods coming in from their country.
5. All these anti-American Jobs "free trade" organizations. How about fair trade?
6. Jobs going outside our country.
7. Unfair labor practices by both employers and unions.
8. Government bail outs of whatever, period!
9. Corporate/Banking government welfare via tax breaks, tax credits, subsidies, etc.
10. ALL racial and religious discrimination in hiring practices.
11. Political perks and earmarks.
12. Government programs spending money on folks who can but will not work.
13. Any suggestions on getting rid of Social Security or Medicare.
14. The currect Federal Income Tax code. Eliminate the IRS and give Congress back its Constitutional responsibility to raise taxes! Then have a simple income tax of a flat percentage rate for ALL earners. Everybody pays their fair share by paying the SAME percentage rate, just like the biblical principle of tithing.
15. The Federal Reserve! Audit the Fed and then eliminate it altogether! Give Congress back their Constitutional authority to coin money and regulate commerce.
16. Foreign aid. Keep our money here at home!
17. Federal control of public education. Let each state have its own education system.
18. Dependence on foreign oil. Drill here and expand opportunities for alternative energy exploration.
19. Illegal immigration and across border drug trafficking. Bring ALL our National Guard and Coast Guard troops home so they can guard our borders and coasts and keep illegals and illegal drugs out!
20. The Patriot Act. It is an infringement on our liberties.
21. Interventionist/Nation building military involvement. We need a strong national defense ready to fight against real enemies who invade our country.
22. Abortion and Roe v Wade. I support the Personhood Amendment which declares that personhood begins at conception.
23. Special rights given to those involved in unnatural lifestyles.
24. Marriage that is not between one man and one woman. When we open the gate to gay marriage, where are we going to draw the line? What will such lead to? We need to uphold marriage as being between one man and one woman.
25. Pornography: the production and sale of it.
26. Adult entertainment businesses such as strip clubs, adult movie theaters, adult novelty and video stores, etc.
27. Legalized gambling including lotteries.
28. Commercial and industrial business and labor on Sunday. Bring back the Sunday Blue Laws! Only emergency, medical, and law enfrocement services actually need to run on Sundays! Christians need to quit eating out on Sundays, keeping people from being able to attend church!
29. Barak Obama's reelection!
There is no doubt that a candidate running for election on a platform such as this would have no prayer of winning election! But, I'm not a politician. I'm not afraid of my views being considered as out of the mainstream or even radical.
Note: In case there is a misunderstanding of a comment I made on someone's blog, I am not just a Republican; I am a Prohibitionist Republican!
Not afraid to sign my name as,
Richard D. Swift
505 Hickory Hills Dr
Dexter, MO 63841
Showing comments in chronological order
[Show most recent comments first]
- Blog RSS feed
- Comments RSS feed
- Send email to Richard D. Swift
My wife Susan (Sue) and I have lived in Soddard County since September of '96. We both graduated from Bible Missionary Institute, our denomination's small four year Bible college in Rock Island, Illinois. I was born and raised in Pomona, California while my wife was raised in Monmouth, Illinois. I am an ordained minister in the Bible Missionary Church. We attend and are members of the Dexter Bible Missionary Church. I've been employed by Tyson Foods for 14 years. My wife is a CNA. I've always been conservative in my political views and have always been active in politics and the Pro-Life movement. My politics have not always been Republican. From 2003-2009 I was vice-chairman of the Prohibition National Committee, the steering arm of the Prohibition Party. In '09, I joined the Constitution Party of Missouri. But, I've been attending the GOP rallys and club meetings since last year and have been campaigning for certain Republican candidates since we moved to this area. I'm on the SEMO Life Chain Committee.
Hot topicsEarthen Vessels
(0 ~ 3:10 PM, Aug 15)
A Different Zimmerman
The Prodigal Son and Rules for Training a Child in the Way He Should Go
Thirty Years Ago/A Testimony of God's Providence
Three Words That Changed the World