Fair with Haze ~
High: 52°F ~ Low: 35°F
Friday, Mar. 7, 2014
Standing Up Against Evil and Life Chain SundayPosted Saturday, September 15, 2012, at 11:12 AM
Standing Up Against Evil
Psalm 94:16 "Who will rise up for me against the evildoers? or who will stand up for me against the workers of iniquity?"
Although the psalmist is asking a question of appeal, God is also asking this question, "Who will rise up; who will stand up for me against the evil doers and workers of iniquity?"
I. Who are the evil doers and workers of iniquity?
A. Wicked leaders- Proverbs 28: 12, 28; 29:2
12 "When righteous men do rejoice, there is great glory: but when the wicked rise, a man is hidden."
28 "When the wicked rise, men hide themselves: but when they perish, the righteous increase."
2 "When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn."
1. They pass bad laws legalizing evil. Isaiah 10:1 "Woe unto them that decree unrighteous decrees, and that write grievousness which they have prescribed;To turn aside the needy from judgment, and to take away the right from the poor of my people, that widows may be their prey, and that they may rob the fatherless!"
2. They take away the God given rights of citizens. Isaiah 10:2 "To turn aside the needy from judgment, and to take away the right from the poor of my people, that widows may be their prey, and that they may rob the fatherless!"
a. Life, Liberty, and Pursuit of Happiness as described in the Declaration of Independence and the Bill of Rights
b. The right to keep what you make by enacting excessive taxes to "redistribute the wealth".
B. Wicked people-
1. Oppressive: Ezekiel 22:29 "The people of the land have used oppression, and exercised robbery, and have vexed the poor and needy: yea, they have oppressed the stranger wrongfully."
2. Immoral: Hosea 4:1,2 "Hear the word of the Lord, ye children of Israel: for the Lord hath a controversy with the inhabitants of the land, because there is no truth, nor mercy, nor knowledge of God in the land. By swearing, and lying, and killing, and stealing, and committing adultery, they break out, and blood toucheth blood."
3. Entrap with nets: Micah 7:2 "The good man is perished out of the earth: and there is none upright among men: they all lie in wait for blood; they hunt every man his brother with a net."
4. No respect for family: Micah 7:6 "For the son dishonoureth the father, the daughter riseth up against her mother, the daughter in law against her mother in law; a man's enemies are the men of his own house."
5. Covetous: Isaiah 5:8 "Woe unto them that join house to house, that lay field to field, till there be no place, that they may be placed alone in the midst of the earth!"
6. Pleasure seekers Isaiah 5:11 "Woe unto them that rise up early in the morning, that they may follow strong drink; that continue until night, till wine inflame them!"
7. Love sin: Isaiah 5:18 "Woe unto them that draw iniquity with cords of vanity, and sin as it were with a cart rope:"
8. Call evil good and good evil: Isaiah 5:20 "Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!"
9. Wise in their own eyes: Isaiah 5:21 "Woe unto them that are wise in their own eyes, and prudent in their own sight!"
10. Justify their wickedness and their wicked leaders and take away moral laws: Isaiah 5:22-24 "Woe unto them that are mighty to drink wine, and men of strength to mingle strong drink:Which justify the wicked for reward, and take away the righteousness of the righteous from him! Therefore as the fire devoureth the stubble, and the flame consumeth the chaff, so their root shall be as rottenness, and their blossom shall go up as dust: because they have cast away the law of the Lord of hosts, and despised the word of the Holy One of Israel."
II. How To Rise Up Against the Evil Doers and Workers of Iniquity
A. Exercise your right to vote!
1. Vote against legalizing abortion, homosexuality, gambling, alcohol, and pornography.
2. Vote for amendments and laws upholding morality.
3. Vote for leaders who are taking a public stand for moral values and against evil. How can a person call himself or herself a Christian and vote for candidates supporting abortion, homosexual rights, etc.? How can people be members of a political party that takes a stand for the evils mentioned above and call themselves Christian?
B. Let your voice be heard!
1. For those unborn babies about to be aborted (murdered): Psalm 79:11 "Let the sighing of the prisoner come before thee; according to the greatness of thy power preserve thou those that are appointed to die;" Psalm 102:20 "To hear the groaning of the prisoner; to loose those that are appointed to death;"
2. For traditional moral values:
a. Sanctity of human life from conception on
b. Traditional family and marriage between one man and one woman
c. Rights of parents to choose how or where they want their children educated; public, private, or home-schooling
d. Freedom of religion in the public arena
1. For our leaders and that godly men and women will replace those who aren't.
2. For righteousness to prevail.
Hosea 4:6 says, "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge." Ignorance of the issues and of the importance of standing up against evil is no excuse. Remember the old saying, "All it takes for evil to triumph is for godd men and women to do nothing." Don't vote and don't let your voice be heard and don't pray, but don't expect God to bless our nation with godly leaders and moral laws. Proverbs 14:34 says, "Righteousness exalteth a nation, but sin is a reproach to any people." I ask you, "Who will rise up for God against the evil doers? Who will stand up for Him against the workers of iniquity?"
III. Ways to Stand Up Against Evil
A. Do something!
Nineteen years ago, Rev. Gerald Beam started the SEMO Life Chain as a part of the National Life Chain. I copy and paste from wikipedia the following information about the National Life Chain:
"The Life Chain is a pro-life social movement organization, one of the largest in the country. It was started in 1987 in Yuba City and Marysville by a small California-based pro-life ministry called Please Let Me Live. Every first Sunday of October, Life Chain invites various churches and congregations across the United States to stand on designated sidewalks to pray and rally for one hour. Life Chain saw its beginning in 1987, when 2000 pro-life activists rallied on the sidewalks of Yuba City and Marysville, California, praying, and holding an assortment of pro-life and anti-abortion signs.
In 1989, Life Chain grew, seeing more demonstrations take place in Riverside and Southern California, with 6000 and 7500 participants, respectively.
By 1990, Life Chain had broadened its repertoire of propaganda to include prayer vigils, full-page advertisements, billboard campaigns, and comprehensive door-to-door distribution of pro-life literature. That year, their level of participation grew enormously, seeing 17,000 in Orange County, 10,000 in Fresno, 20,000 in San Diego, and 16,500 in Sacramento.
National Life Chain Sunday '91 saw 373 chains across the United States, with an overall participation of 771,000 people. Each year, these number grew larger; National Life Chain Sunday '92 attracted more than 800 cities and towns across the nation with 975,000 participants. That same year, Canada had its own series of Life Chains, which included 97 Chains and 80,000 participants. National Life Chain Sunday '93 saw over 900 Chains in the United States and Canada, but attendance taking was discontinued "due to the excessive preoccupation with numbers and a lack of emphasis on prayer."
Every first Sunday in October, churches and Christians meet at designated areas for one hour, 2:30-3:30 pm in each time zone, to pray for an end to the abortion holocaust and for the those mothers who have had or are considering having an abortion. http://www.lifechain.net/
Because of a conflict in community events, the SEMO Life Chain has met on the second Sunday of October from its beginning nineteen years ago. This year the SEMO Life Chain meets with the National Life Chain which will take place on Sunday, Oct. 7 at 2:30-3:30 at the intersection of Business 60 and One Mile Road here in Dexter, MO. Since 1998, our church has been a part of the SEMO Life Chain. After Rev. Beam passed away in 2008, his wife, Carol Beam has graciously filled the position of chairperson. Many area churches have taken an active part in the Life Chain. Will you? For more information, please call 820-3506 or 624-9590.
B. Go Vote!
November 6 is the general election. This is a very crucial election. Moral issues are involved.
We have in the White House, a president who as Illinois State Senator, voted four times against a ban on late term abortions. Three times as state senator, he voted against a "Born Alive Protection Act" which would have saved the life of an infant born alive in a botched abortion attempt. As president, he supported the "Freedom of Choice Act." An we have Christians who, not only voted for once but are going to vote for him again? How could they?
At the latest DNC, 25 speakers endorsed abortion. The president of Planned Parenthood, Cecile Richards spoke at the convention, slamming pro-life Christians for being anti-women. The party platform calls for tax funding of abortions. Not only is abortion endorsed by the DNC, but same-sex marriage is also. The platform endorses gay marriage. Now our president does also. And Christians voted for this man and will vote for him again? And Christians identify themselves as members of his political party? I just don't understand!
Where is the outcry? Are preachers not crying out against the inconsistency of voting different than one's beliefs? I believe they are crying out, but some are so stubbornly a part of their party they will not hear!
Will you stand up against evil?
God Save America,
Richard D. Swift
505 Hickory Hills Dr
Dexter MO 63841
Showing comments in chronological order
[Show most recent comments first]
- Blog RSS feed
- Comments RSS feed
- Send email to Richard D. Swift
My wife Susan (Sue) and I have lived in Soddard County since September of '96. We both graduated from Bible Missionary Institute, our denomination's small four year Bible college in Rock Island, Illinois. I was born and raised in Pomona, California while my wife was raised in Monmouth, Illinois. I am an ordained minister in the Bible Missionary Church. We attend and are members of the Dexter Bible Missionary Church. I've been employed by Tyson Foods for 14 years. My wife is a CNA. I've always been conservative in my political views and have always been active in politics and the Pro-Life movement. My politics have not always been Republican. From 2003-2009 I was vice-chairman of the Prohibition National Committee, the steering arm of the Prohibition Party. In '09, I joined the Constitution Party of Missouri. But, I've been attending the GOP rallys and club meetings since last year and have been campaigning for certain Republican candidates since we moved to this area. I'm on the SEMO Life Chain Committee.
Hot topicsEarthen Vessels
(0 ~ 3:10 PM, Aug 15)
A Different Zimmerman
The Prodigal Son and Rules for Training a Child in the Way He Should Go
Thirty Years Ago/A Testimony of God's Providence
Three Words That Changed the World