Excessive Heat Warning
Sunday, July 24, 2016
Holy Is Not A Four Letter WordPosted Saturday, December 8, 2012, at 11:51 AM
Holiness is received not achieved.
Holiness is accepting a gift given not compensation for work done.
Holiness begins in the heart (seed), transforms the mind (seedling), and is evidenced by how a life is lived (tree).
Example of a holy life...
1) This man blasphemeth.
2) Why eateth your Master with publicans and sinners?
3) Why do we and the Pharisees fast oft, but thy disciples fast not?
4) they laughed him to scorn.
5) He casteth out devils through the prince of the devils.
Above are excerpts from Matthew 9 directed toward Jesus. Jesus did not live up to the "holiness perception" of His day. Neither will you or I.
1) This man blasphemeth...from Matthew 9:1-7..."doctrine"
2) Why eateth your Master with publicans and sinners?...Matthew 9:8-13..."association"
3) Why do we and the Pharisees fast oft, but thy disciples fast not? ...Matthew 9:14-17..."discipline"
4) they laughed him to scorn...Matthew 9:18-26..."unseen ministry of touch"
5) He casteth out devils through the prince of the devils...Matthew 9:27-34..."reputation"
Why such a discrepancy between the "holiness perception" and how holiness is lived?
6) he was moved with compassion...Matthew 9:35-38..."compassion not competition"
1 John 3:16 Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.
When we perceive, understand, experience intimately, personally, wholly, the love of GOD.....
Showing comments in chronological order
[Show most recent comments first]
Respond to this blog
Posting a comment requires free registration:
A Pure Heart
- Blog RSS feed
- Comments RSS feed
- Send email to Gordon Greene
I have the heart of a poet, the eye of an artist, and dress like a bum. I am no one important. No title, no position, no authority. Just a normal person. But I know Jesus. And Jesus knows me. And this relationship has changed my life and continues to change my life. I have no desire to be known but great desire for others to know Jesus. I would like to blog about Jesus, christian living, church, hurting, hope. I do not want to lead this blog but follow it wherever it leads.