T-storm in Vicinity ~
High: 77°F ~ Low: 46°F
Tuesday, Mar. 31, 2015
Remember When Democrats Shut Down Government During the Bush Administration? Me Neither.Posted Thursday, March 10, 2011, at 6:27 PM
Reagan speaking on behalf of big business health care and insurance companies as early as the 1960s.
Warning, this next bit is not my work. I just find facts to be rather stimulating. I know what you're saying. Actually, but I listen to Rush Limbaugh and he only says things like "The Obama Regime" to conjure up scary images of communist Russia in my mind, in turn forcing me to grasp my Bible even tighter and hate Obama even more blindly than I did before. Sorry. You should leave this blog immediately. Here we listen to anyone who has facts to back up their rants. If not, they can leave. I'll go ahead and preface with this statement because the trolls hunger for anything they can make an argument against that does not regard facts.
So, straight from the depths of rational thinking, I bring you (with sources that are linked, and again before Swift et al make any comments, these sources were simply compiled by moveon.org, not created by moveon.org):
Top 10 Worst Things about the Republicans' Immoral Budget
The Republican budget would:
1. Destroy 700,000 jobs, according to an independent economic analysis.
2. Zero out federal funding for National Public Radio and public television.
3. Cut $1.3 billion from community health centers--which will deprive more than 3 million low-income people of health care over the next few months.
4. Cut nearly a billion dollars in food and health care assistance to pregnant women, new moms, and children.
5. Kick more than 200,000 children out of pre-school by cutting funds for Head Start.
6. Force states to fire 65,000 teachers and aides, dramatically increasing class sizes, thanks to education cuts.
7. Cut some or all financial aid for 9.4 million low- and middle-income college students.
8. Slash $1.6 billion from the National Institutes of Health, a cut that experts say would "send shockwaves" through cancer research, likely result in cuts to Alzheimer's and Parkinson's research, and cause job losses.
9. End the only federal family planning program, including cutting all federal funding that goes to Planned Parenthood to support cancer screenings and other women's health care.
10. Send 10,000 low-income veterans into homelessness by cutting in half the number of veterans who get housing vouchers this year.
1. "GOP spending plan would cost 700,000 jobs, new report says," The Washington Post, February 28, 2011
2. "GOP budget would cut funding for public broadcasting," The Washington Independent, February 14, 2011
3. "NACHC Statement in Response to the Budget from the House Appropriations Committee," National Association of Community Health Centers website, accessed March 4, 2011
4."Bye Bye, Big Bird. Hello, E. Coli.," The New Republic, February 12, 2011
House Republican Spending Cuts Target Programs For Children And Pregnant Women
5. "Obama and the GOP's Spending Cuts: Where's the Outrage?" Mother Jones, February 18, 2011
7. "Deficit Reduction on the Backs of the Most Vulnerable," Center for American Progress, March 2011
8. "The GOP Budget and Cancer--Why New Research Is at Risk," Politics Daily, February 27, 2011
"Republican Budget Cuts at Heart of Medical Research: Albert Hunt," Bloomberg, February 20, 2011
"Durbin: Cuts to NIH put research jobs at risk," Business Week, February 28, 2011
9. "GOP Spending Plan: X-ing Out Title X Family Planning Funds," Wall Street Journal, February 9, 2011
10. "House GOP Spending Cuts Would Prevent 10,000 Low-Income Veterans From Receiving Housing Assistance," Think Progress, March 1, 2011
NOTE*** The above links were compiled by MoveOn.org. They are not created by the website. Visiting the links will allow users to access the original location of the information quoted. I.E. The Washington Post, etc.
Showing comments in chronological order
[Show most recent comments first]
- Blog RSS feed
- Comments RSS feed
- Send email to Actually
Knowledge equals freedom!
Hot topicsActually's Presidential Endorsement for 2012/ The Dangers of the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA)
(24 ~ 11:14 AM, Feb 4)
Lies, Lies, Lies: Welcome to the G.O.P.
The Truth About Hermain Cain's 9-9-9 Plan: Poor Pay More, Rich Pay Less
Words of Wisdom from Ronald Reagan