By NOREEN HYSLOP
Dexter firefighter, Jeremy Freeman, was transported by ambulance from a house fire at 500 Whitman Friday morning after he experienced dizziness and shortness of breath while battling the fire.
Freeman, according to Chief Don Seymore, was the first to enter the smoke-filled home and was inside for 18 minutes when he fell ill. He was wearing his breathing apparatus inside the residence.
He was evaluated at the scene by EMS and transported to Missouri Southern Healthcare where he remained overnight for observation.
A report late Friday indicated Freeman was improving.